Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from the Steuben County Farm Bureau 2011 Country Cooking Cookbook. I have not tried this posting for future use.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Do Not Use Reduced or Fat Free)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli, cuts thawed
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; fold in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
This is awesome. It's a fattening way to eat broccoli, but I think it's worth the splurge. The mix of cheddar and swiss cheese was perfect. I added a little extra swiss just because I love the stuff. I used panko breadcrumbs for the topping. If you're looking for a rich, cheesey broccoli casserole, this is it. Thanx!