Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this recipe for Christmas dinner adapted from Cindy Kufeldt's recipe, just substituted the soup and lemon juice, add red pimientos and the result was fantastic. I am planning to make it adding also turkey or chicken leftovers, or maybe ham cubes.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cheese-flavored snack cracker, crushed
- Place 1 inches of water and broccoli in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cubed bread, sour cream, mayonnaise, red pimientos and shredded cheese. Pour over broccoli and sprinkle with crushed crackers and melted butter. Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Note: you can also add shredded chicken or cubed cooked ham for variation of the flavor, if you like.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.