Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this recipe, but am excited to! I wanted to post it here so I don't lose it. I've tried another broccoli casserole recipe from Canadaliving.com, but it was bland and a lot of work. This one looks more promising.
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 10 ounces broccoli, frozen chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cheese, broccoli, soup, salt, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Gently mix cheese-broccoli mixture into cooked, drained rice.
- Pour into casserole sprayed with nonstick spray and bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup cheese on top during the last 5 minute of baking.
MMmmm, delicious. Loved using the brown rice in this. I did make a substitution, though. Instead of cream of chicken soup, I opted to use broccoli cheese soup. Made for an even more intense cheese flavor. Will definitely be making this one again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, lolablitz. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0