Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- Cook broccoli and drain.
- Mix all ingredients except for Ritz crackers and cheese.
- Pour mixture into ungreased casserole dish.
- Evenly spread cheese on top of mixture.
- Evenly spread Ritz crackers on top of cheese.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
I'm sure this is delicious. But considering that 80% of the calories in this dish are from fat (and that's not even including the Ritz crackers) , it's probably not something I would make without tinkering with it. Maybe use low fat versions of the sour cream and soup, leave out the butter entirely, and use something besides Ritz crackers for the topping. This is just my opinion, but what with obesity becoming epidemic in the US, I think if this is the only way kids will eat broccoli, they're better off skipping it entirely.
This was a hit with my family, who are very picky eaters. It was hard to stop eating it! Thank you!
This was very good and easy to make! I took it to an officeluncheon and everyone loved it! Thanks