Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this Broccoli Casserole recipe as it doesn't include any cream of whatever soups or bread crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add flour and whisk.
- Add milk and continue to whisk.
- Add chicken bouillon, spices, onion, and cheese.
- Mix in cooked broccoli and put in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Pretty much what you'd expect. I don't know how old my frozen bag o' broccoli was, so it wasn't exactly a top-shelf experience! But wouldn't fault the recipe because I used sub-standard ingredients. If I did it again, I'd definitely go with fresh broccoli. It was an easy 'nod' to a veg side-dish using what I already had in the kitchen.
I halved the recipe, used veg. bouillon and fresh broccoli. I enjoyed the whole thing for dinner. Very nice and tasty. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.