Recipe by rnmommy02
My mom used to take me to the Lazarus Cafe for mom-daughter time. When I moved out for college, she gave me their cookbook. I have been making this for years and it always receives compliments. On top of that - its very easy too!!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great stuff! I used fresh broccoli for this and it worked just fine. The vinegar adds a nice touch of flavor. I used a little extra onions and (to cut some fat), I halved the butter and crackers for the topping and there was still plenty to cover. Thanx for a great broccoli casserole!
- 20 ounces frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I always use Helmann's as it is the best! ( )
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups saltine crackers or 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter