Recipe by BecR
This is a great quick and easy vegetable side dish to serve with chicken, turkey, or roast ham. Enjoy!
Top Review by 911spatcher
I make a very similar recipe. I chop a large raw head of broccoli into small pieces and mix in with the other ingredients. I also do not add the onions to the casserole mixture. I instead, use them on top of the casserole.
- 24 ounces broccoli florets, cooked al dente
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup (or cr. of celery soup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (divided use)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly torn soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and the Tabasco; stir in the broccoli florets.
- Turn into the buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese, top with the breadcrumbs, and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.