Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy popular dish for the holidays.
Make and share this Broccoli Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion in 1 stick of butter.
- Cook frozen broccoli. Drain and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, stirring untill all lumps have dissolved.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup.
- Drain onions from the butter, but reserve the excess butter.
- Put onions in broccoli mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Crush sleeve of Ritz crackers and add reserved butter to moisten.
- Put broccoli in a 1 1/2 quart casserole and cover with crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Nice creamy texture. I cut some fat by using light cream cheese, reduced the butter to 5 tbsps and used skim milk to make the cream soup using recipe Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream. It was still rich and delicious and easy to make. Even though I'm used to cheddar cheese in my broccoli casserole, I didn't miss it. Thanx for sharing.