Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple side dish thats a breeze to put together.
- 3 1⁄2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt 4 T. margarine in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion and broccoli; saute covered, until broccoli is barely tender.
- Stir flour into the onion-broccoli mixture and let cook a minute or so.
- Add broth; stir until thickened.
- Lower heat and quickly stir in cheese until well blended.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in eggs.
- Pour into a well greased 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole.
- Pour crumbs over and dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
This was a great easy-to-make casserole. LIght and fluffy, and very nice with the breadcrumbs on top. I think I will use chicken broth next time to add a bit more flavor. We enjoyed this - thanks for posting!