Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom use to make this and now I make it for my family. We love it and there is never a "spick" left!! Make sure you don't take it out of the oven to soon or it will fall!
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix in a bowl, can of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, onion, cheddar and the 2 eggs beaten.
- Fold mixture together.
- Add the chopped broccoli ( I just chop up the bunch, into small pieces, maybe you will get 2-3 cups) fold that into the mixture.
- Put into a greased casserole, sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Creamy and wonderful! My family loves broccoli and broccoli casseroles. This is now one of their favorites. I blanched my broccoli before baking to make sure it would be nice and tender. It turned out perfect for us. Thanx!
Loved this ! I, too, blanched my broccoli in boiling water for three minutes before putting it into the mix, I always do, it keeps the color nice and bright. I was a little concerned that this might be a bit of a soupy mess, particularly because I used farm eggs, and they are not as big as I would have liked, but that wasn't the case. I put it into an oblong 3 quart casserole dish and it was perfect, The only change I made was to add a few sliced button mushrooms that I needed to use up, I sautéed them with a half TBL butter, the chopped onion and a pinch of red pepper flakes, then stirred everything together. This came out creamy and light. DH and I both thought it was really good. I'll make it again, I'd like to see how it would turn out if I tried to lighten it up a little, maybe use some light sour cream in place of half the mayo, or maybe greek yogurt. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!