1/5 Photos of Broccoli Casserole
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
The broccoli keeps growing and growing. It's a darn hardy vegetable plant that gives and gives. Once you take the first crown, then the darling plant proceeds to take on many different baby crowns, that are tender, and perfection plus! I really like that a simple, yet, flourishing plant can bring that much enjoyment to our day. I particularly like this recipe, as it can be a whole dinner for us some evenings. Although Dennis does require "meat" at most meals, he could just as happily toddle off with a large scoop of this casserole and a fork, and he proclaims he is in heaven. Just a simple, farming, boastful dish of warmness and total soul comforting veggies. I agree, this is not a skinny dish, but you can make it that way just by changing the fat to low fat and increase the spices. Come'on -- try it, I promise it won't hurt a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli (or a bunch of fresh)
- 1 tablespoon oil (vegetable or olive, or butter)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (always optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light if preferred)
- French's cheddar french fried onions (save 1/2 can for topping)
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
Additional Andi Spices
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 dash red pepper, ground (optional)
- 1Cook broccoli and drain.
- 2In skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of oil, and add onions and cook for 3 minutes until soft and translucent. Quickly add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add rest of ingredients except eggs. Mix all these ingredients and let bubble a slightly, take pan off heat.
- 3Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Put broccoli into casserole dish. Mix soup, cheese mixture with broccoli and stir well, adding eggs slowly, and mixing well. NOTE: Leave 1/2 French Fried Onion topping for topping.
- 4Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes add rest of topping, and bake addition 10 minutes.
- 5Now, eat all your veggies.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 1068.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g