Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mother-in-law's recipe for the most delicious broccoli & cheese casserole. And it is so easy to make and you can make it lower-fat, too!!
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen broccoli
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) reduced-fat Cheez-It crackers
- 1 (16 ounce) Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Boil Broccoli until tender; Drain.
- Mix together mayonnaise, egg, and soup until smooth.
- Cube cheese into small cubes.
- Combine Broccoli, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9 Pyrex dish.
- Crush Cheez-Its until top of casserole is covered.
- If desired, spray with fat-free butter spray.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble through and crackers are brown.
- Let sit for 5-7 minutes to set.
- NOTE: I use the 2% Milk Velveeta Cheese Block.
I agree that this is probably the best broccoli casserole that I have eaten. Next time I will use a bit less Velveeta cheese, it was rich, I used all regular foods, no low fat foods!! Since having been diagnosed with cancer I use only 'real' foods!! Enjoy, this is great.
Amesome, made thid for thanksgiving 2007. My family loved it and we brought an empty dish home. Thanks for the recipe.