Prep 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
People who don't like broccoli like this dish.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages broccoli florets, frozen
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1 1/4 cups onions.
- Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This was delicious. The only thing I changed was adding one package of cauliflower instead of two packages of broccoli.
Very good broccoli casserole! Loved the mix of sour cream and cheese, and the onion topping was delicious! I halved the recipe with no problem. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Definately a keeper! Thanks for the great recipe!