Recipe by Charlotte J
You can add your leftover cubed chicken, pork or beef if you desire to this casserole. Also freezes well.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (do not drain)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli, celery and onions until tender.
- Put in a large bowl and mix in the Cheese Whiz, cream of mushroom soup, the undrained mushrooms, water chestnuts and rice.
- Put into a casserole dish and pour melted butter over the mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- I feel you can cut the butter in half, but you can decide for yourself.
- You can add your leftover cubed chicken, pork or beef if you desire.