Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A co-worker gave me this recipe. It is so good and it DOES NOT have mushroom soup in it. I hate mushroom soup. It's not a recipe that originally had measurements, so bear with me.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb Cheez-It crackers, crumbled
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Cook broccoli according to package directions, drain well.
- Add 1/4 can of water to soup and heat until warm enough to pour.
- Cover the bottom of a 1.5 quart casserole dish with cheez-it crumbs.
- Add a layer of broccoli.
- Add a layer of cheddar cheese.
- Add a thin layer of cracker crumbs, dot with butter.
- Repeat layers until dish is full.
- Pour soup over the top and using the wrong end of a wooden spoon (or similar instrument) work some soup into the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
I made half the recipe and baked it alongside my oven fried chicken. Excellent side dish. Thanks for posting SweetSue! Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.