Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is very easy and delicious. It's great for casserole parties, but be sure to have the recipe on hand because in my experience people will request it. An old friend of my mothers gave us this recipe and it's been a favorite in our family since. The leftovers (if you have any) reheat very well. It's also a good way to get your child to eat broccoli.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar Cheez Whiz
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and frozen broccoli.
- Cover and cook 15-20 min.
- While broccoli is cooking make your rice.
- (follow normal instructions on back of box) Combine broccoli and onions with rice in a 9x12 inch pan.
- Add can of mushroom soup and cheese wiz and mix thoroughly.
- (I do not add salt since cheese wiz is so salty and it seems to add enough salt for recipe).
- Bake at 350 for 25 min uncovered.
- Let stand about 10-15 min before serving.
darlene adds ceery and onion when she sautes 3 stalks good recipe
pretty good....i didn't have a whole jar of cheese wiz and used about 4oz of velveeta to make up the difference...i only used 1/2 an onion...i thought a whole onion would be too much....overall i loved it...thank you
I lost this recipe and was glad to find it on here! We all love this dish! I made this for a Thanksgiving side and as always got great reviews. The only thing that I left out was the onion. Only because most of us do not like them. Thank you so much for posting this!