Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my friend Karen about 20 years ago. It is the best broccoli casserole I have ever tasted! It is now a tradition in my family.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli, cooked as directed on box
- 1 cup Minute Rice, cooked as directed on box
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 2 quart size greased oven proof dish and bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees.
This is one of the best foods i have ever had and the last time you made it i liked it bunches!! Love,,Geuss who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delicious! One of my family's favorites! I use a 16 oz. broccoli cuts and 2 cups rice, which makes it a little more figure friendly. Also add more celery, onions, and on occasion, mushrooms if I have them. I have made it by sauting the veggies in the butter rather than stirring it all in...the kids prefer it that way. I use about 2 Tablepoons of butter when making it that way. Thanks for posting one of our all time favorite casseroles!