Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a family favorite for holidays and get-togethers! This recipe has been passed down in our family for years because it's so cheesy and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the cheese, cream of mushroom soup, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the broccoli, stirring to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in the croutons, and sprinkle over the broccoli mixture.
- (*or omit the butter and croutons and add crushed Goldfish/crushed cheez-it crackers*)
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the topping is browned and broccoli is tender.
This was very good and I am forever changed from using frozen broccoli now and I thank you for that. However, it had too much salt and pepper for my liken. I did use sharp cheddar which I feel is a must. I also added 1/4 cup mayo (another must). I was shocked when I went to make it and the mayo wasn't part of it. I had only skimmed through this recipe when I ran to the store, which caused me to buy both croutons and goldfish. I realized the need for only one and opted for the croutons, which I am very glad I did. As I am sitting here now eating leftover Broccoli Casserole , the lost star is for the salt and pepper only. Thank you so much Chef Sunshine for a new recipe for broccoli and cheese casserole in my home.
Sunshine!! This was delicious!! I used Cheez-its for the top of casserole and used Dry Cream of Soup Mix - Substitute and added mushrooms to the soup. It turned out fanastic! Thanks for sharing your family's recipe!
This was great! So cheesy and the broccoli tasted just right. I used crushed goldfish crakers as a topping as I baked this casserole in the oven. I also added extra layers of shredded cheese on top of the broccoli and sauce mixture, so the cheese was mixed all through the broccoli. Cheese, broccoli, toasted goldfish crackers...what a great idea! Thansk for yet another awesome posting, Sunshine!