This is a family favorite for holidays and get-togethers! This recipe has been passed down in our family for years because it's so cheesy and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the cheese, cream of mushroom soup, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the broccoli, stirring to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in the croutons, and sprinkle over the broccoli mixture.
- (*or omit the butter and croutons and add crushed Goldfish/crushed cheez-it crackers*)
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the topping is browned and broccoli is tender.