Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Even a die hard broccoli hater loved this recipe! A must for every holiday, or any day of the week.
- 2 (10 ounce) packageschopped frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 14 saltines (crushed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook broccoli, drain and cool.
- Beat eggs, add golden mushroom soup, mayo, cheese, onion and broccoli. Mix together.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 12 inch non-stick skillet, add crushed saltines, cook on medium high until starting to brown. Take off heat.
- Butter a casserole dish and add broccoli mixture, top with golden saltines.
- Bake at 350 degress for 45 minutes or until set.
This is a nice change from the Broccoli Casserole recipes with the cream of mushroom soup. The golden mushroom gives it a nice and unique flavor. I used goldfish crackers as a topping. This is even better as leftovers. Thanks!