1/4 Photos of Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry
A great side dish, no need for takeout. Developed by Nadine Day for The Heart and Stroke Foundation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 green onions, sliced, separate the white parts from the green parts
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- 2Heat a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add cashews and roast for 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring frequently. Careful not to burn them. Set aside with the green parts of the green onion.
- 3In the same pan, add the sesame oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the green onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until broccoli is starting to become tender. Add a few tablespoons of water, if needed, to stop browning or burning.
- 4Add the snow peas and bok choy and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the sauce and sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add in the cashews and green parts of the green onion.
- 6Serve immediately with brown rice.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 301.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g