1/2 Photos of Broccoli Cashew Salad
This recipe is different because it is a mustard based broccoli salad instead of mayo, which makes it great for picnics or bbqs. Can make up ahead of time and have chilling in fridge until ready to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head broccoli, florets separated
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (could use any cheese you like -- blue, feta, swiss)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar (can use less or up to 2 T)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, apples and cheese.
- 2In a small bowl, wisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Toss dressing with broccoli mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Toss with cashews and crumbled bacon upon serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cashew Salad
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.0
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 627.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g