Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love broccoli salads and with the addition of cashews, this is lovely! Adapted from Cooks.com.
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (artificial)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup cashew halves (or pieces)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Wash broccoli thoroughly, drain. Cut into bite-size flowerets.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar, stirring until well blended.
- Combine broccoli, bacon bits, onion and raisins in large bowl. Toss with mayonnaise dressing. Chill for several hours or overnight. Stir in cashews before serving. Enjoy! 6 to 8 servings.
This is an awesome salad. I made it for a campfire pot luck and it got rave reviews. Thanks for posting!
This sounds great! I'm going to whip it up for the 4th of July party I'm headed to. I think I will blanch the broccoli as kittencal did, and will add some shredded cheese. Mmmm! Can't wait!
I made this for a potluck and it was all gone!! I din't have any raisins so threw in craisins and was quite colorful. I will make this again--is so easy and tasty.