Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Good Housekeeping's Book of Vegetables. I've reduced the amount of oil and changed the way the garlic is used.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 -2 dried cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add garlic, onion, and pepper(s).
- Cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pepper(s) and discard.
- Add broccoli, water and salt.
- Cover and simmer until tender-crisp, 12-15 minutes.
Why did I wait so long to try this recipe? Well, life got in the way but I'm so glad I tried it and LOVED it!! So easy, yet so tasty. I'll be making broccoli more often this way instead of roasting them in the oven all the time. Unfortunately, the store didn't have dried cayenne peppers so I had to use cayenne powder. Matter of fact, I'm going to the store today to buy more broccoli!! Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2011.