Recipe by Sherri35
This recipe came from Cooking Light magazine and it's really tasty. It can all be done ahead of time and then baked in the oven whenever you're ready to serve them. The recipe calls for cheddar cheese on top, but I don't really think it's necessary. It makes 4 side dish servings, or 2 entrée servings.
- 4 (8 ounce) baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli and onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside.
- Split open each potato, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4" thick shell.
- Combine potato pulp, broccoli mixture, sour cream, buttermilk, dill, Parmesan, salt and pepper; mash.
- Stuff potato shells with potato mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese (if desired).
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10 minutes, or until heated through.