Recipe by spatchcock
Non-meat and non-bean based, if you don't like meat (or even if you do like meat) and you're looking for something different.
Top Review by Gracie in NM
These were delicious. I added some salt and a little cayenne pepper to the tomato sauce. I used 2 teaspoons of finely chopped jalapeno pepper. I also sprinkled a little salt on the veggies. Very unique burrito recipe and something that I will make again. Thanks for sharing this.
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- minced jalapeno (optional)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (I use crushed tomatoes with no seasoning added. you can also puree some fresh tomatoes or use salsa.)
- 8 ounces sour cream (I use FF)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap tortillas tightly in aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Combine broccoli, cheese, tomato, jalapenos if you want, and onion; spoon mixture evenly in center of each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla; place seam side down in a lightly greased 12x8 2-inch baking dish.
- Top with tomato sauce or other tomato variant.
- Cover dish, and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 45 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over top; garnish with parsley if desired.