Recipe by Mercy
Here's an easy-going baked veggie burger that doesn't require a whole lot of ingredients.
Top Review by Pesto lover
I don't want to rate this, as I thought it was ok, but DH and DS not so much. They wouldn't eat more than one bite. I thought it was something that I would prefer baked in a casserole rather than on a bun. Maybe it's because this is the first time I have tried something like this.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted almond
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 toasted buns or 4 bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl beat eggs to blend.
- Stir in broccoli, almonds, onion, bread crumbs and water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled 12-by-15-inch baking sheet shape mixture into 4 patties each 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 375°F, turning halfway through cooking until each side is golden brown, about 25 minutes total.
- Serve on buns with mayonnaise and lettuce.