This is a very healthy, tasty and colourful salad that I got from a "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine. Enjoy! :)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded (1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons bacon, crumbled crisp-cooked
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced, drained (optional)
- For dressing, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise dressing, sugar, and vinegar.
- In a medium bowl combine broccoli, carrot, cheese, if desired, onion and water chestnuts.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill for 1 to 5 hours.
- Makes 4 side-dish servings.