Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great Southern recipe for sharing and toting. You can even bake it a day ahead, cool, wrap and refrigerate. Rewarm it covered in foil, in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups skim milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F Put the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Lightly mist a 13 by 9 inch glass or ceramic dish with vegetable spray.
- Place the broccoli in a safe bowl and microwave on high till thawed (about 2 minutes) Drain in sink, pressing it with a fork until all liquid you can get is out.
- Add the butter, eggs, ricotta, 1 cup of cheddar, flour, salt and pepper and hot sauce.
- Stir and combine well.
- Put into prepared pan and spread evenly and scatter remaining cheese over top.
- bake until golden brown and bubblely around edges, about 50 minutes or so.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.