Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is great to serve to impromptu guests--it's a real crowd pleaser!
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta, about 4 cups dry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook broccoli for 3 minutes in large pot of boiling, salted water. Remove broccoli with slotted spoon or sieve; place in large bowl and set aside.
- In the same water, cook the bow tie pasta according to package directions, or about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
- Meanwhile in a small sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add 2 teaspoons kosher salt, black pepper, and lemon juice, and stir well. Pour over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well, and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.