Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful and easy dish. Even the kids love it.
- kosher salt
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in large pot of boiling, salted water.
- Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same water, cook the pasta according to package directions, about 12 minutes.
- Drain well and add to the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat, add 2 teaspoons salt and the lemon juice.
- Pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese.
This was easy and delicious. Thanks for posting.