1/3 Photos of Broccoli & Bow Ties
This Barefoot Contessa recipe was posted in response to a request. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups broccoli florets (from 4 heads)
- 1/2 lb farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water up to the boil, add broccoli florets, and cook for just 3 minutes; you need the water to cook the pasta, so do not drain; instead, remove broccoli with a large slotted spoon and place into a large serving bowl.
- 2Making sure the water is still boiling, add pasta; cook according to pkg directions (about 10 to 12 minutes), then drain well and add cooked pasta to the broccoli.
- 3While pasta is cooking, toast the pine nuts: place a small skillet over medium-low heat and add nuts to skillet; stir often--it will take about 5 minutes for them to toast; watch carefully so they do not burn; set aside.
- 4Now heat the butter and oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat; add both minced garlic and lemon zest and saute for one minute.
- 5Remove skillet from burner and add the salt and pepper, and the lemon juice; stir to combine then pour over the broccoli and pasta in the large bowl; toss.
- 6Taste pasta and broccoli mixture and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- 7Sprinkle toasted pine nuts and parmesan over dish, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Bow Ties
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of