Recipe by Annacia
Pasta and veggies, two of my favorite things. This is really quick and tasty. It says that it will serve 6 and thats true if those 6 people are happy with a one cup serving. I serve it with a big green salad, a chicken breast half for each person and crusty bread.
Top Review by Lainey6605
I really loved this - breadcrumbs and all! It does have an interesting combination of flavors that I enjoy. I made exactly as stated. I love the taste of balsamic vinegar; it's not too overpowering. I will make this again!
- 6 ounces orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed*
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and broccoli; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and vinegar. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tomatoes are warm, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked orzo. Serve warm.