Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very good dish, plus a great way to get everyone to eat their veggies. The recipe hales from a gentleman in the Men's Chorale in San Antonio, Texas. Use imported cheeses for best results.
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small flowerets (tough stems removed)
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large whole green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 lb fresh fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Steam broccoli until just tender, then chop. You should have about 21/4 cups.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add garlic, green onion, and broccoli; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in cream, salt, and pepper and cook at a gentle boil till thickened slightly.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta in a serving bowel.
- Add Blue cheese and toss to coat.
- Add Parmesan and toss again.
- Serve immediately with extra grated cheese and pepper.
This is decadently good. I add crushed red pepper to the oil while sauteing and substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream and olive oil for the butter.
I came on here to post this EXACT recipe and I'm estatic to see it is already on here. This recipe is TO DIE FOR. I have served this to my dad (who swears he hates blue veined cheeses) and got rave reviews. Do give this a try! It's also fabulous served with gnocchi instead of fettucini. Keep up the great work KC
YUM! I made this with mini gnocchi but was other wise pretty true to the recipe. It was awesome. Thanks JC!