Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick soup to make, most of the ingredients are probably on hand.
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- Steam broccoli until tender and chop.
- In a saucepan, combine broccoli, onion, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in another saucepan.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Combine sauce and broccoli and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve hot or cold.