Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a family favorite.It also goes over well at covered dish lunches.
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (bisquick)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Heat i cup water to boiling add broccoli, cover cook till almost tender, drain.
- cook and stir ground beef in skillet till brown, drain.
- stir mushrooms into the ground beef.
- stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese, and the chopped onion.
- mix baking mix, water and the remaining cheddar cheese until sift dough forms.
- mix very well.
- pat dough in bottom of greased baking dish (13x9x2) press dough up sides of dish using hands.
- spread beef mixture on top of dough sprinkle with broccoli.
- mix remaining ingredients, pour ove broccoli.
- Bake at 400 in oven till golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note: if using frozen broccoli, thaw under warm water, do not cook.
I made this recipe for the pick your chef game. I scaled the recipe down to 4 servings.I used the fresh broccoli.This would be a good dish for potluck. Thank you for posting.