Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4.92 ml chinese rice wine or 4.92 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml minced ginger
- 453.59 g flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 59.14 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml chinese rice wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 14.79 ml dark soy sauce
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- Stir together the marinade ingredients until the cornstarch is dissolved. Stir the beef in the marinade until coated and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Stir together the stock, oyster sauce, rice wine, and soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Cook the broccoli in a small pot of boiling water about 2 -3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat a wok over high and add the oil, swirling to coat the sides of the wok. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Add the sauce and broccoli and bring to a boil. Pou in the dissolved cornstarch and cook until the sauce boils and thickens, about 1 minute. Serve.
Yummy, with a double yum. Very tender and love the taste, which isn't too overpowering. Thanks for posting!!
Yum! We really enjoyed this! I did make a couple of changes... the 2 Tablespoons oil it calls for to stir fry the meat in I used half olive and half sesame and to the sauce I added a tablespoon of brown sugar. I doubled the amount of sauce as well and was glad I did. When I make it again I'll add more broccoli just as a personal choice. I served this over white rice and we just loved it. Such an easy recipe that comes together quickly ~ thank you for sharing ~ will definitely be made and enjoyed here again! :)