- 1 teaspoon chinese rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- Stir together the marinade ingredients until the cornstarch is dissolved. Stir the beef in the marinade until coated and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Stir together the stock, oyster sauce, rice wine, and soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Cook the broccoli in a small pot of boiling water about 2 -3 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat a wok over high and add the oil, swirling to coat the sides of the wok. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Add the sauce and broccoli and bring to a boil. Pou in the dissolved cornstarch and cook until the sauce boils and thickens, about 1 minute. Serve.
Yummy, with a double yum. Very tender and love the taste, which isn't too overpowering. Thanks for posting!!
Yum! We really enjoyed this! I did make a couple of changes... the 2 Tablespoons oil it calls for to stir fry the meat in I used half olive and half sesame and to the sauce I added a tablespoon of brown sugar. I doubled the amount of sauce as well and was glad I did. When I make it again I'll add more broccoli just as a personal choice. I served this over white rice and we just loved it. Such an easy recipe that comes together quickly ~ thank you for sharing ~ will definitely be made and enjoyed here again! :)