Recipe by Bec
One potato serves as an entree, a half as a side dish. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
Top Review by littleturtle
Followed the recipe exactly and it was pretty good. These aren't as rich and creamy as we're used to for twice bakeds and weren't as cheesy as I expected, so we thought it definately needed some butter added to the mix and a little extra cheese; also I think a little garlic powder would be a nice addition just for our personal tastes if I make these again. Thanks for posting.
- 6 medium idaho potatoes
- 3 stalks broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes.
- Make shallow slits around the middle as if you were cutting the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size, or until done.
- Peel broccoli stems.
- Stem whole stalks just until tender and chop finely.
- Carefully slice the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli.
- Add the milk, 3/4 cup cheese and pepper.
- Mash together until the mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
- Heap into the potato jackets and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven to heat through, about 15 minutes.