- 5 heads broccoli, florets only
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup whole roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepot, bring 6 quarts water to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook broccoli 5 minutes. Remove and rinse under cold water; drain.
- In skillet coated with cooking spray, saute next 3 ingredients 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and flour; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry; cook 1 minute.
- Add fat-free half-and-half; cook 1 minute more.
- Fold in broccoli; and cook until heated through.