Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I loved the broccoli bacon raison salads from the salad bar but since moving to Texas I haven't seen it. This recipe is my version to fill that craving. Cook time is chillin out in the fridge time.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 large head of broccoli (or just the floret part if you can find it)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 shallots, chopped (or small red onion)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cashews (or your favorite nuts)
- Chop broccoli into small, bite-sized florets.
- In a large bowl toss together the broccoli, shredded carrot, chopped shallot, raisons and cashews.
- Wisk together dressing ingredients in a separate container, preferably one with a lid (I use an old pickle jar-clean of course). If using a jar just cover and shake well.
- Pour half of the dressing over the broccoli mixture and combine. Adding more as you see fit (if you like a wetter salad or a drier consistency).
- Crumble the bacon over the top and chill for an hour.
- You can also leave off the bacon and chill without it, then adding it just before serving.
- The leftover dressing can be used for other salads like potato or macaroni. Or maybe as a marinade for chicken before grilling it.