Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favourite salads--easy/quick to make. Make sure you leave it for at least 4 hrs-1 day to let all the flavours blend.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 pieces bacon (I use turkey bacon)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halves
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (or splenda)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to season)
- Toast almonds over medium-high heat,5 mins.Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crispy, blot fat. Crumble.
- In a bowl, mix grapes,almonds,broccoli,celery and onions.
- In another bowl mix mayonaise,bacon, vinegar and sugar.
- Add to the salad bowl and toss.
- Put in the fridge for 4 hrs-24 hours.