Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This great side dish is prepared all summer long and on New Years Day along with ham sandwiches and baked beans. This stuff is so flavorful and even more addicting!
- 3 stalks broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin ringlets (about a 1/2 cup or so)
- 12 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Chop broccoli into small bite size pieces ( I use all but large end stems of broccoli heads). Place into a large bowl with red onion, crispy crumbled bacon, sunflower seeds and golden raisins. In a medium sized Tupperware add the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Cover Tupperware tight with lid and shake well 1-2 minutes till well combined and sugar has dissolved. When ready to serve add dressing and toss till combined. ( I like to add dressing an hour or so before serving to let marinate, toss again right before serving).
This was very delicious. I did a trial run today for party we are hosting on Saturday and I will definitely be making it party day. Note: I did change the regular vinegar to balsamic vinegar, just because we are balsamic vinegar addicts, but I think it would be just as good with the regular vinegar. The change was just a personal preferance. Thanks for the great recipe!
This is soooo good, It's alsoq delicious with grated sharp cheddar cheese mixxed in to taste.