Recipe by kittycatmom
A hint of Swiss cheese plus plenty of bacon and broccoli in fluffy eggs. So yummy you won't even miss the extra calories! from TOH
Top Review by Misa
Thanks, Kitty! These quiches will also fit nicely into two 4 inch cake pans. Mine were done at 20 minutes, since I believe my cake pans are slightly deeper than the pie plates. (Most of the time I'm done a bit before the minimum cook times on a majority of recipes.) Super easy - and I'm just imagining all the variations of cheese to try! :)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret (fresh or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash lemon-pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the broccoli, cheese and bacon between two 5-inch pie plates coated with cooking spray. In a smal bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, garlic powder and lemon-pepper. Pour half in each pie plate over bacon mixture.
- Back, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.