Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 ounces pimientos or 2 ounces red peppers
- salt & pepper
- Microwave bacon until crisp.
- Beat eggs with cream and salt& pepper.
- Pour half of mixture into greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Add broccoli, chopped cheddar cheese and crumble bacon.
- Pour remaining mixture over top.
- Garnish with pimiento or red pepper.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350.
I made this recipe with just a few alterations. I used a great lard+butter crust. I cut down to 4 strips of bacon and cut out maybe half the cheese. I added some pepper and garlic powder. And it's Sunday, no shopping allowed, so I substituted evaporated milk for the half&half. It was pretty perfect. Maybe chives or something next time. This recipe was the perfect framework for what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you!
Some of our closest friends went out of the country for a few weeks and brought us their perishable foods which meant we had a lot of eggs to use up! I used skim milk instead of the half and half and this was still quite good. Thanks.
Nice & easy for our dinner tonight. I followed the recipe, omitting the pimentos (didn't have any) and subbing skim milk for the half-and-half. The kids (ages 3 + 6) both ate it. For the adults, I think some sauted onions & mushrooms would perk it up a bit. I baked it about five extra minutes, probably due to my use of skim milk. Thanks for sharing!