Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The kids can help you put together this simple, but tasty, mid-week meal.
- 11 ounces pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces broccoli
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 1 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and onion, and cook, until soft and lightly browned.
- Break the broccoli into small florets. Cook the broccoli and peas in a steamer or in the microwave until tender.
- Use a fork to mix the cream and eggs together in a jug.
- Add bacon, onion, broccoli, peas and the cream along with 2oz of the cheddar to the pasta. Stir.
- Spoon into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar. Bake until golden.