I may never forgive my friend, Sarah, for bringing this to a potluck yesterday. Today, I made the recipe for myself, and ATE THE ENTIRE THING! (Will leave the results to your imagination). It was sooo worth it! YUMMM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb cooked bacon (Applewood smoked by Neuske's is my favorite, cook slowly to extra crisp)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, raw
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1While slowly cooking bacon to extra crisp, soak raisins in HOT tap water. Drain bacon on paper towels. Drain raisins. Pour extra fat out of frying pan.
- 2In same pan (keeping the fond (browned bits), toast sunflower seeds lightly for one minute.
- 3Make dressing by combining mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add crumbled bacon, sunflower seeds, and raisins.
- 4Trim florettes from top of rinsed, raw broccoli - toss into dressing. (You COULD choose to nuke or steam broccoli, but would loose much of the crunch). Use veg peeler to remove tough part of broccoli stem, then dice and add to salad. Toss, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Bacon, and Sunflower Seed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 747.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar