Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Anjali Vellody's Food column of the Weekend magazine. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, washed and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered basil
- 3 teaspoons plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- Heat 3 tbsps.
- of butter in a wok.
- Toss in the onions and mushrooms once its hot.
- Stir-fry until the onions are well browned and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Mix in basil and set aside.
- Put the remaining butter in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds on HIGH power level.
- Allow it to melt.
- Add flour and cook for 20 seconds on HIGH power level.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Cook for 4 minutes, whisking every 2 minutes.
- Mix in the grated cheese and keep aside.
- Put the broccoli florets in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover it and cook them for 4 minutes on HIGH power level.
- Now pour the cheese mixture over the cooked broccoli.
- Cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle the onion-mushroom mixture over it.
- Keep aside.
- Now, prepare the topping.
- For this, melt butter in a frying pan.
- Add breadcrumbs and saute until golden.
- Remove from heat and mix with the chopped corriander leaves.
- Spread this topping over the broccoli.
- Serve hot.