Recipe by Candy C
Broccoli with creamy Roquefort sauce that can be made a day ahead.
Top Review by Derf
The taste of this broccoli deserves a 5, it is rich and wonderful!! We were a little disapointed that it didn't brown on top as I think it should have but I think that was my fault, I cooked it in too deep a dish, next time I'll use a shallow dish. Just made half a recipe, it was much more than 4 could eat. I had some Danish blue cheese I wanted to use up so I used it instead of the Roquefort; it was heavenly. Perfect side for company, with pork tenderloin and baked potatoes, thanks for sharing a tasty one!
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce Roquefort cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broccoli
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and blend in flour, cream cheese, Roquefort, salt, and pepper and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Cook broccoli until barely tender.
- Drain and place in 3 quart casserole.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
- This may be prepared the day before and refrigerated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Top with bread crumbs, dot with butter and return to oven for 10 minutes.