Broccoli with creamy Roquefort sauce that can be made a day ahead.
Make and share this Broccoli au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Heat milk and blend in flour, cream cheese, Roquefort, salt, and pepper and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Cook broccoli until barely tender.
- Drain and place in 3 quart casserole.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
- This may be prepared the day before and refrigerated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Top with bread crumbs, dot with butter and return to oven for 10 minutes.
The taste of this broccoli deserves a 5, it is rich and wonderful!! We were a little disapointed that it didn't brown on top as I think it should have but I think that was my fault, I cooked it in too deep a dish, next time I'll use a shallow dish. Just made half a recipe, it was much more than 4 could eat. I had some Danish blue cheese I wanted to use up so I used it instead of the Roquefort; it was heavenly. Perfect side for company, with pork tenderloin and baked potatoes, thanks for sharing a tasty one!