Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A cheesy and tasty way to serve broccoli
- 1 bunch broccoli (approx. 2 pounds)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Cut broccoli into floretts; cook in boiling water until just tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Place broccoli in a baking dish.
- Stir together soup and milk; pour over broccoli.
- Top with crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 20 minutes.
Fantastic way to dres up broccoli! I steamed the broccoli, poured the sauce over and baked it just until it was hot enough then let the broiler sizzle the top a little. My husband usually doesn't eat much broccoli, but said he will if I make it like this all the time. Thanks Christina!
I hate to be the dissenter, but I didn't care for this at all. It just wasn't as cheesy as I thought it should be even though I only used 12 oz of broccoli. To be fair, I undercooked my broccoli and that had a big affect on the final dish. I should have steamed the broccoli until it was fully tender before baking. I may try this one again because I love the easy factor of it and it may be much better with softer broccoli.
This was fantastic! It was a wonderful way to enjoy a cheesy side dish that was both healthy and easy to prepare. We will certainly have this again, it was really very good! Thanks so much for posting your recipe :)