Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready in under 30 mins, the broccoli provides iron and is a superfood. Don't be tempted to skimp on the last bit of oil it can be very dry without it.
- 1 slice brown bread
- 50 g walnuts
- 200 g spaghetti
- 200 g broccoli, in florets
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put bread and walnuts in food processor and process to coarse crumbs.
- Put spaghetti on to cook by packet instructions, four minutes from the end lob in the broccoli.
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry the breadcumb mixture until lightly toasted add garlic, parsley and lemon zest.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and toss everything together.
- Serve drizzled with the oil and lemon juice.
Delicious - the first meal I cooked after turning vegan.
I didn't have walnuts so used pine nuts instead - as a serving for one 100g of spaghetti was a bit much, about 75g should do it.
This was good, but I think one slice of my homemade bread must be a lot larger than was necessary, and it soaked up all the oil, leaving it a bit dry. Good flavours, though.
Easy, fast and delicious. A pasta dish just after my fancy. I love broccoli, I love walnuts, I love pasta. I like the crunchiness of the breadscrumbs and walnuts. Try it, you will love it.